As I sit here in my home office, I can’t believe it is a year since Mark and I signed on the dotted line and acquired Lokulus. The last 12 months have flown by and the team has achieved so much.
We have exceeded all expectations, even during the adversity that the last few months have brought. I for one did not plan for this in my scenario planning!
I stood up in front of the team on the 1st June 2019 and set out our (outrageous) ambitions for the year ahead, they were a stretch but achievable. These included;
- Investing in the right tools for the business to allow flexible working. Which included making us a cloud first business (with hindsight the best business decision we have ever made)
- Moving property to the state-of-the-art office at the Glasshouse, Alderley Park. Although we only spent 2 weeks in the office, the working lifestyle this brings along with our flexible working, will stand us in a great place for the “new” normal when it arrives
- Launched a whole new people agenda, with new values and processes to drive an innovative success culture
- Introduced a first class benefits package to maintain and attract the best talent
- Achieved our ISO27001 accreditation during lockdown
- Rebranded the business to Lokulus and highlighted the amazing tech that underpins both our Spectra and Pulse products; bringing great benefits to our client’s customer interactions
- Development of website and marketing campaigns
- Built and launched our new email management product Pulse
- Delivered key projects for our clients, and continue to do so even in these challenging times
The fact we have achieved all we set our sights on, is down to the great team at Lokulus, who I can’t thank enough. Both their ability to adapt to change and deal with the unexpected is unbelievable.
I am not in any doubt that the year ahead will be challenging for many reasons, with the impact of COVID-19 changing the business world, like no other event in history. I am excited to meet this challenge head on and grasp the opportunities to change the status quo in the way Lokulus employees will work, but also our clients. The world of remote working has been accelerated and those willing to embrace this, in my belief, will succeed.
As today we start our month long Virtual Lokulus Anniversary Games, in a celebration of the year and what we have achieved (more on that at a later date) – I would like to thank the Lokulus team for all the great work and I am excited about the next year more than as I was 12 months ago